The Company (as defined in the User Agreement) is dedicated to providing its members with a responsible gaming environment. Not only is it our mission to provide our members with the most entertaining poker experience but it is also our duty to help prevent compulsive usage of and underage access to our gaming products.
The Company does not allow anyone under the age of 18 to play poker games on GGPoker. It is an offense for minors to participate in gambling activity.
Our poker room is not designed to attract children or adolescents. We actively discourage and track persons under the age of 18 who attempt to play at our websites. We use sophisticated verification systems which can identify minors who log in to our software. The Company reserves the right to request proof of age from any customer and may suspend an account until adequate verification is received.
Nevertheless, we recognise that the internet is readily accessible in many homes around the world. As a result, gaming companies and parents must work together to protect children from underage gambling. To ensure the safety of your children, we recommend installing filtering software to block minors from accessing certain websites and programmes.
Below are links to some such providers and software:
Tips for Parents:
- Do not leave children unattended near your computer when the poker software is running.You must take special care to ensure that they do not access our services via your devices.
- Protect your gambling programs with password access.
- Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling activity.
- Keep your username, password and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the legality and the potential damage of underage gambling.
- Limit the length of time your children spend online.
- Take particular care regarding the use by minors of facilities such as mobile devices.
Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. If you know a person under the age of 18 who is registered with us, please notify our support at [email protected]
We help you play responsibly
Gaming can be entertaining. But you can’t always win. Losing is a part of the game and you have to be prepared for it. Therefore you should play responsibly, and not risk money that you can’t afford to lose. Gaming can also be addictive and make you lose the perspective of time and money. We want all your gaming experiences to be as positive as possible, even if you lose. Therefore we work hard to help you control your own gaming.
- Gambling is a form of entertainment. It is not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts.
- Gambling is a game of chance. There are no formulas that guarantee winnings.
- Make sure that the decision to gamble is your choice.
- Never try to chase your losses.
- Check the amounts you spend on a regular basis in the Cashier.
- Make sure you know the rules of the games you play.
Like many things, what is enjoyable in moderation can be disastrous in excess.
GGPoker is wholly committed to providing our players with a responsible gaming environment.
You have the option to self-exclude yourself from GGPoker any time you wish from the Responsible Gaming menu. Once you choose to self-exclude yourself, you will be automatically logged out immediately and will not be able to access your account until your self-exclusion period is ended.
To “self-exclude” means that you will not be able to log in or access any part of GGPoker for the duration of the period.
You can opt for a self-exclusion period of any of the following durations:
- 24 hour
- 7 day
- 30 day
- 60 day
- 120 day
- 180 day
- Permanent Period
Please be aware that self-exclusion cannot be reversed under any circumstances.
Please note that if you permanently exclude yourself from GGPoker, you are not permitted to create any additional accounts on GGPoker. Creating additional GGPoker accounts or any actions/attempts to circumvent your exclusion will result in the closure of the account(s) and possible forfeiture of any associated balance(s).
If you are unsure about requesting self-exclusion, ask yourself the four questions below:
- Is gaming interfering with your work or other responsibilities?
- Are you trying to make up for prior gaming losses?
- Are you recovering from an addictive disorder?
- Do you play under the influence of alcohol or other influences?
If your answer is yes to at least one of them, we recommend that you request self-exclusion and seek professional help from institutions listed above.
You can self-exclude your account at any time, for any period of time of your choosing by emailing [email protected]
You can set a Reality Check on your account to remind you with a prompt as to how long you have been playing at GGPoker after a user-defined interval. This really helps to manage and control the amount of time you spend playing.
Reality Checks can be easily set up within the GGPoker app. The following range of time periods are available:
a) 120 minutes;
b) 240 minutes; and
c) 360 minutes
The reality check will continue to appear at the selected time intervals until your gaming session ends, offering you the ability to exit the session.
We help you set the limits
As part of our policy, we give you the tools to control the amount of money you use to gamble on our sites. You can set your own deposit limits and request to adjust them at any time. Simply contact our support at [email protected] and a representative will help you set your limits. Member support is available by email and live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To help you set limits that are right for you, try answering this short questionnaire:
- Establish what constitutes an acceptable loss before starting to gamble.
- Note how often you play.
- Note how long you play during each gaming session.
Use your answers to determine how much you would like to allow yourself to spend per day, per week or per month.
For further assistance, please contact [email protected].